Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Great Ebay sales this past week

We'll it looks like I have sold most of my antique artwork that was listed on ebay. Seems great right? Well, not exactly...I have it listed in bold red letters that I need to be be contacted before anyone places a bid so that I may get them the correct s+h price based on their zip code.

This hasn't happened on the majority of artwork I've sold. The problem is that they win the auction, which by ebay policy is a contract and they are supposed to pay, then ask about the s+h. I have it clearly listed in my auction that the artwork will be professionally packaged and shipped. There is no room for me to take money away from the s+h costs when the UPS store is the place doing the s+h for me.

One example was that the box cost $22 alone, the packaging cost $35 and to ship the artwork to their house was another $52. That's $109 to ship a piece of artwork weighing 29 lbs and approx. 48" x 38" x 4". Every time I send the invoice for them to pay I get a reply back saying, "isn't that a little high for s+h?" Well quite honestly, no, it isn't. Which is why I clearly stated in my listing to ask before you buy!

Ugh, but I guess it's all worth it in the long run. It just gets frustrating knowing that this will happen and there is no way to guess a s+h cost without knowing the zip code of the destination. Anyone out there that knows any good tricks please pass them my way :)

Anyway, back off to relist the items that didn't sell this past week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...