Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great feature for finding fake bids!

I was looking around on ebay early this morning and found a great feature I never noticed before.

I have always been weary of high bidders with usernames that have "*" in them. They always seem to be fake names or junk accounts that the seller has to upbid their own items. After losing out on many items over the years I came to realize that I could hardly ever win an auction against these so called bidders with the "*" in their names.

Today I find this awesome feature that lets you see the bidding activity that any one buuyer has with that seller! All you do is click on the high bidders username and it will bring up a ton of information about them, including the "Bid activity (%) with this seller:"

Now I understand that there are many repeat buyers out there, I have a lot myself for items I list, but it's a great feature to get to look at when you think something is fishy.

On another note, I believe it's ebay policy that your username can only have letters and numbers in it, and not special characters. If anyone can correct me please do, but if I remember right that's the rules provided by ebay for the United States anyway.

I though this was very interesting and I know many others will love to see the bidding information regarding high bidders.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...